Little Bit of Paints Stable Rules
The following list of rules is to be read and followed. Any boarder who fails to comply with any of the rules on this list will be subject to immediate termination of privileges at the sole discretion of the management.
Riders and Visitors
A signed Boarding Agreement, Signed Lease or a signed Release Form is required prior to riding anywhere on the premises. If you open it, close it.
If you turn it on, turn it off. If you take it out, put it back.
Tie areas, round pens, wash area, and arenas shall be kept clean after use, of hair, manure, hoof debris. Be considerate, if your horse(s) make a mess, clean it up (please put manure and all other debris in wheelbarrow, then empty in manure pile or tractor bucket)
• Rider accepts full responsibility for any risks taken while riding. We recommend that all riders wear protective headgear and boots while riding on Ranch property and must sign a release if they choose not to do so. The Stable REQUIRES that all minors wear protective headgear and boots.
Stalls are reserved for full board horses. Do not put your horse in there unless you have a signed stall boarding form or need to for vet examination and stable management has been made aware of it.
Respect others and clean up after your horse in the arena and round pen, this means all hair and manure. Throw manure and hair in wheel barrow and empty in manure pile or tractor bucket.
• Your first choice for lunging should be the round pen. If the round pen is in use or otherwise not
available, you may lunge in the arena IF you ask the other riders that they don't mind.
ALL RIDING AND HANDLING IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
NO DOGS WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION!
NO OUTSIDE STALLIONS
.Proper footwear must be worn when handling horses or going into their pen, pasture and barn
.The hours of operation are from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm. In case of an emergency with a horse, the hours may be extended.
.No yelling, running or loud music around the horses.
.Parents are responsible for all minor children. Unattended children not allowed. Children under 12 years of age must be closely supervised in the stable complex by an adult. For safety reasons, children under the age of 6 must be with an adult at all times.
.No riding or mounting/dismounting is permitted in the barn aisles. .No running, bike riding, skateboarding, roller blading or bare feet are permitted in the barns.
.While discipline may be necessary, physical ABUSE of any horse will not be tolerated. Never tie a horse by its reins.
.All stall doors and gates must be left in a closed and bolted condition except for entry and exit, or if a chain is across the door and the owner is in sight of the horse.
.Any grooming equipment used is to be put away when finished.
.All gates shall be kept shut at all times, except while passing through. .Except main gate to ranch and A gate code for this gate will be provided to you.
.Riding is not permitted in landscaped areas .
.No coppertox or thrush buster or like products which stain are to be used inside the barn
.Boarders are responsible for their guest(s). All guests are expected to follow all of the Stable Rules.
.Owners may not handle other equines or give other equine treats.
.Any non-resident who rides, trains, or in any way handles a resident’s horse, must be accompanied by a resident at the stable complex and have signed a release form. Regular non-residents who rides,trains, or in any way handles a resident’s horse may do so without being accompanied by resident only with written permission of the resident on file , the permission of Little Bit of Paints Ranch and the appropriate release form on file. This does not apply to a veterinarian or farrier engaged in their professional work
.All grooming equipment shall be put away after use and not left laying around. All equipment shall be clearly marked with owner’s name. The Stable is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• On the bulletin board or calendar is a space for notices (i.e. vet, farrier, etc..). It is up to all boarders to read notices which apply to their horse(s).
• Absolutely no dumping anything on the premises, except in designated area.
• All designated grooming and wash areas shall be kept clean. Be considerate, if you or your horse(s) make a mess, clean it up.
• All designated grooming and wash areas should be occupied only as necessary.
• If jumps, barrels or other equipment are taken into an arena, remove them after use and store in the designated areas.
• Tack room shall be kept clean and neat.Tack and grooming equipment shall be appropriately stored.
Any personal property left at the stable complex is not the responsibility of The Stable. The horse owner is responsible for all damage to the facility, to personal property or to The Stable property
caused by the horse or by the owner, except for reasonable wear and tear.
• Park all cars and trucks in the designated areas, except when unloading supplies. Please do not block driveways and other access.
• Vet/Farrier farm calls can be divided between those needing the service. The more people who schedule together, the cheaper it will be for the call. If you are unable to be here for your appointment,
The Stable Manager may be able to do so for an arranged fee.
• Deworming is required every three months unless vet exams shows Vaccinations for Rabies, Influenza, and Tetanus must be kept current. If an outbreak of something does occurs other vaccines may be required. Proof of vaccinations is required and must be kept on file unless administered by Stable Manager or owner.You may choose to have your horses done at the same time as the other horses on
• Please turn off lights when not in use.
• We recommend that halters be removed from horses in stalls and turnout areas.
• Protective head gear must be worn by any rider using the jumps.
• Little Bit of Paints is a breeding operation, and, as such, has a stallion on the premises. While every effort will be made to keep stallion confined, Little Bit of Paints does not guarantee the virtue of any mare on the property.
• In an emergency, a vet will be called at your expense if you cannot be reached or if you fail to take appropriate measures to arrive within one hour of being called.
• We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
• All injuries, accidents and damages must be immediately brought to the Stable's attention. Any unreported incidents will be the responsibility of the boarder or lessor.
• ALL RIDING AND HANDLING IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
• Only boarders are allowed into the pens or pastures. Do not take your friends out with you.
• Close and latch all gates.
Barn Help/Stable Manager
Please remember that time is money and the Barn help/Stable Manager is paid a set wage based on the normal time it takes to do chores. If you require their time to help you with your horse or with advice, then you should be paying them for their time.
Located directly across from Campbell Valley Equestrian Park with miles of groomed horse trails.
Facility offers large 14 x 14 matted stalls. Horses are in the barn at night from Oct. to May for Full Board and then horses are kept in outside covered and matted paddocks overnight. This is to have more freedom of movement and fresh air. If owner wants them kept inside the barn all year that can be accommodated as well.
Large 30' covered and matted individual turn out paddocks
Individual and group pasture turn out weather permitting.
Large outdoor hog fuel arena and sand round pen for training.
Camera monitored barn
Stable manager on site
Full board: $550.00/month:
Includes 4 feedings of top quality hay, either washington orchard grass, alfalfa mix, or timothy mix
2 feedings of complete feed plus Hoffmans supplement and beet pulp or fiber max where required and fresh carrots or apples daily pelleted bedding two 40 lb bags twice per week
fly masks on and off
blanket changes where required
horses haltered and led daily
experienced horse handlers
pasture from May to Nov.
Stalls and paddocks cleaned twice daily
Saddle and halter place in tack room and trunk or locker space in barn
Paddock Board: $465.00/ month
Includes almost the same as full board but horses live out in their covered paddocks 7/24 and it is boarders responsibility to maintain paddocks, inside mats & do all blanket changes as required boarding facility does not supply bedding and horses are not handled other than leading to and
Foaling Services and Mare Care: $700 (usually booked for the last month prior to foaling) Includes all of the above plus: Pregnant Mare supplements and specialty feed
Vaccinations and Worming given (owner supplies) Birthing stall 28 x 14
Experienced birthing handlers
Mare and foal care and clean-up after birth, ensuring foal
stands & suckles, mare's placenta is discharged and collected for vet exam
Handling of mare and foal for vet exam.
Monitoring of turn out to individual pasture.
If owner wants mare and foal to stay an additional month to stabilize or breed to stallion on foal heat, board reduced to $600
Mare Care for Breeding purposes: $20/ day dry (no foal at side 12x12 stall) 30/day wet (with foal at side 24x12 stall)
Includes the same as full board plus:
Preparing mare and stallion for breeding and
handling of foal
Minimum of 3 breedings to Stallion